BoredMS v1.11
The forum has migrated. Please do not use this forum anymore.
BoredMS v1.11
BoredMS v1.11
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum has migrated. Please do not use this forum anymore. The new forum can be found at http://boredms.site.nfoservers.com/forum/

Kevin's GameMaster Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ITzKevin

Kevin's GameMaster Application Empty
PostSubject: Kevin's GameMaster Application   Kevin's GameMaster Application EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 am

What is your name?
Kevin

What is Your Timezone?
GMT - 7h

IGN?
Swag

Experience as a GM?
I have been Head GameMaster in 3 servers. I was GameMaster for...
MapleKings v83 (Low-rate)
PsychMS v83 (Mid-rate)
OneCliqueMS v83 (High-rate)

I have been GameMaster in MapleKings for only 4 to 5 days. In PsychMS, the server had to close down after me being a GM for around 5 weeks. Finally, in OneCliqueMS, even though it was not that popular, I have been Head GM there for around 3 months.
Why do you want to be a GM in BoredMS?

What would you do as a GM in BoredMS?
Since I was Head GameMaster for 3 servers, I know the basic and few professional things about being GameMaster. I was in charge of most events, banning, and patrolling. Surely, I can promise that I can create safe,clean, and amusing environment for all players. I am very active, so I can find hacker if I see one. I will patrol around the server and screenshot+ban hackers.

What sets you apart from everyone else ingame?
What sets me apart from everyone else ingame, is that I am very experienced and active. I will respect everyone, the way how I want to be treated. I am very positive, funny, and sometimes immature, and mature when I have to be.

Why do you think we should choose you?
Well, there is lots of great applications out there, but I believe that I am capable of being GM because I am very well-experienced, and I can assure that I can create fun,amusing, clean, and safe environment for all players. As a player, many servers I have played, GM's were very inactive or they didn't really mind helping others. I can understand the frustration of no one helping, getting ignored by community, and just not feeling welcome. Due to this, I want to help other people, make them feel home, so they wouldn't feel what I have felt. I also treat other people, the way how I want to be treated. Timing, is one of my best traits of being GM, or at least that's what I believe. I know when to joke around, and when to get serious. I know the basic of GM, meaning I know how to be like one, how to act like one, and so on. I take my job seriously, when it comes to big jobs such as being GM. I can create analogy about me and being a ninja, because you won't see me often in the game, just lying around, because I will always be patrolling, checking, organizing, or thinking about new events. I will still be there, but you wouldn't just able to see me. Unless you whisper me, or contact me, I won't be there, in your sight.

What would you do, if two staff members were fighting?
Well, I think this would hardly ever happen, since the staff should know better, but I would make this private, meaning it would not go to public where players can see. I would try to calm them down, and listen to the reason. If there were any victims, around the fight, I would also ask them. I will try my best to calm them down and apologize. But, if this gets too far and hard to handle, I would go ask other staff members to help me.

What would you do if you were not accepted or demoted?
Well, if I was not accepted, that is that. I would respect the other person ,who got the job and just be a regular player in BoredMS. If I was demoted, I wouldn't rage, or get mad. I am sure if I did something to get demoted, I think I would know that I did something wrong or disrespectful. I am 100% sure that the staff owner, Justin, will demote me with a good reason, and correct reason.

How would you handle hackers, spammers, etc?
If I see a spammer/troll-er who is going too far, or just being TOO disrespectful, I would jail them for few moment, as warning. But, if the player doesn't learn the lesson, that is the time when I am going to ban. If there was a hacker, I would take a photo first, every time. If another player reports to me that they have seen a hacker, I would also ask other players around the server if this player is actually a hacker. After few notifications and reserches, I would go look at that hacker, myself.

Tell us about yourself:
Well, as I mentioned before, my name is Kevin. I am from South Korea, I speak 2 languages, Korean and English. I am 15 years old, and currently quitted my job. I have lots of free time ,so I believe I can be active at least 3 hours a day. I have played MapleStory on KMS and also GMS. I believe I was somewhat pro on GMS, having many characters around level 150's. I have played MapleStory at least for 4 years. You can contact me here through xat, or MSN. You can PM me on Xat for my MSN or PM me on forum. I am very active, I can be on at least 3 hours on weekdays and 5 hours at least on weekends. Well, that is mostly all I have to say about myself.

Last edited by ITzKevin on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : I have edited, to improve my GM application. So, Omar, you might want to check.)
Back to top Go down
GreenVitamin
Administrator
Administrator
GreenVitamin

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's GameMaster Application   Kevin's GameMaster Application EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:35 am

ITzKevin wrote:
What is your name?
Kevin

What is Your Timezone?
GMT - 7h

IGN?
Swag

Experience as a GM?
I have been Head GameMaster in 3 servers. I was GameMaster for...
MapleKings v83 (Low-rate)
PsychMS v83 (Mid-rate)
OneCliqueMS v83 (High-rate)

I have been GameMaster in MapleKings for only 4 to 5 days. In PsychMS, the server had to close down after me being a GM for around 5 weeks. Finally, in OneCliqueMS, even though it was not that popular, I have been Head GM there for around 3 months.
Why do you want to be a GM in BoredMS?

What would you do as a GM in BoredMS?
Since I was Head GameMaster for 3 servers, I know the basic and few professional things about being GameMaster. I was in charge of most events, banning, and patrolling. Surely, I can promise that I can create safe,clean, and amusing environment for all players. I am very active, so I can find hacker if I see one. I will patrol around the server and screenshot+ban hackers.

In truth, I sincerely do like helping people. I have been in positions of leadership and have come to learn that people will look up to the leader and will generally turn to you for answers and for help. They will expect the leader to help solve their problems, and it can be tough to know when to do the talking, and when to let people grow into better beings.

As a GM, I would do my best to keep myself in check and to not abuse the power that I have. I would ensure that I am helping others with all that I can, and am not leaving people feeling ignored, stranded, or frustrated. Having been in those kind of situations, I recognize that it doesn't just take a great GM to help you out in times of need - truly, it takes a good friend, and I know I can be just that for everyone Smile

Like I mentioned before, I think I am very capable of being a GM.I know most of the basic, I believe I have leadership, and somewhat experienced. As a player, many servers I have played, GM's were inactive or they didn't really mind helping others. I can understand the frustration of no one helping, getting ignored by community, and just not feeling welcome. Due to this, I want to help other people, make them feel home, so they wouldn't feel what I have felt.

Tell us about yourself:
Well, as I mentioned before, my name is Kevin. I am from South Korea, I speak 2 languages, Korean and English. I am 15 years old, and currently quitted my job. I have lots of free time ,so I believe I can be active at least 3 hours a day. I have played MapleStory on KMS and also GMS. I believe I was somewhat pro on GMS, having many characters around level 150's. I have played MapleStory at least for 4 years. You can contact me here through xat, or MSN. You can PM me on Xat for my MSN or PM me on forum. Well, that is mostly all I have to say about myself.

Soo Okay where to start, I like how you pit in effort into this app, and you took time to elaborate on some points, NOT all but I mean you don't have to. Anyways, What I like about this app is that it is different than most of the other apps here, it's not you're generic one word or one sentence app so I mean that's good.
However this not by any means a perfect or a excellent app.
There are a few issues that I see in this app but it doesn't hamper the overall context of your app which means that they don't really affect you're rating that much.

Like I mentioned before, I think I am very capable of being a GM.I know most of the basic, I believe I have leadership, and somewhat experienced. As a player, many servers I have played, GM's were inactive or they didn't really mind helping others. I can understand the frustration of no one helping, getting ignored by community, and just not feeling welcome. Due to this, I want to help other people, make them feel home, so they wouldn't feel what I have felt.

This is a very good point, although you are focusing too much on the techinical side of things, I know I may be going too much of a stretch here but I'm a crazy person like that Very Happy
How are you a capable GM? I know most of the bbasic? Basic what? Commands? That's easy, Whats special about knowing something like that? You're points here are a bit confusing but overall I'm somewhat understanding what you're trying to say, but you might wanna edit this small part.

In truth, I sincerely do like helping people. I have been in positions of leadership and have come to learn that people will look up to the leader and will generally turn to you for answers and for help. They will expect the leader to help solve their problems, and it can be tough to know when to do the talking, and when to let people grow into better beings.

As a GM, I would do my best to keep myself in check and to not abuse the power that I have. I would ensure that I am helping others with all that I can, and am not leaving people feeling ignored, stranded, or frustrated. Having been in those kind of situations, I recognize that it doesn't just take a great GM to help you out in times of need - truly, it takes a good friend, and I know I can be just that for everyone Smile

Okay I don't understand how you're setting yourself apart from other people, over here it looks like you're talking about however I do like your point about leaderships.
Your next paragraph is a bit difficult to understand but it's just minor grammar problems. If being a great friend is an answer, isn't it possible you can just be a regular player?
Being a GM comes with responsibilities, and sometimes being good friends with people is difficult when you are a GM because you can't have major biases to other people.
But you probably already knew that.
Over here you said that it doesn't take a great gm, and to an extent that is correct, friendship with people is far better than having power over people, but what leaves me confused is that you are applying for a gm and you're bringing up a point about friendship, How are you going to link the 2 together? Explain about that, How does being a GM and a great friend help people out in times of need? If you can answer that, that'll be great.

And i won't go too indepth, if you've got questions just come and ask me and i'll be happy to let you know where I think your points are a bit off Smile

Anyways Overall it's a good app, much better than some other apps, and overall a breath of fresh air.
I'll rate it a 7.5/ 10
Good Luck!

Oh and if you do add more to this, tell me so I can go over it and hopefully re-evaluate. I see potential Razz

And you're a newbie, try to get to know the server more before you edit this, get to know the people, the npcs and the overall economy of our server. It's important to know what you're gonna work with if you are a gm.

Back to top Go down
https://boredms.niceboard.com
ITzKevin

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's GameMaster Application   Kevin's GameMaster Application EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 am

Yeah, I understand. I will try to make it more clear. How can I contact you ? Through xat? Through Forum PM ?
Back to top Go down
GreenVitamin
Administrator
Administrator
GreenVitamin

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's GameMaster Application   Kevin's GameMaster Application EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:14 am

ITzKevin wrote:
Yeah, I understand. I will try to make it more clear. How can I contact you ? Through xat? Through Forum PM ?

Uhh well you can find me in game (GreenVitamin) or you can find me on xat most of the time Surprised
So yeh just msg me whenever Razz
Back to top Go down
https://boredms.niceboard.com
ITzKevin

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's GameMaster Application   Kevin's GameMaster Application EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 am

haha, thanks Omar! ;D
Back to top Go down
izarooni
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
izarooni

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's GameMaster Application   Kevin's GameMaster Application EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:35 am

Do I know you o_o I 100% sure I know you from somewhere.
Back to top Go down
ITzKevin

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's GameMaster Application   Kevin's GameMaster Application EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Umm, haha lol.
I don't know you o__o.
Maybe I do, not sure. You got anything to make my brain remember you ? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's GameMaster Application   Kevin's GameMaster Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Kevin's GameMaster Application
Page 1 of 1