BoredMS v1.11
The forum has migrated. Please do not use this forum anymore.
BoredMS v1.11
BoredMS v1.11
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum has migrated. Please do not use this forum anymore. The new forum can be found at http://boredms.site.nfoservers.com/forum/

Paralyzed's GameMaster Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paralyzed

Paralyzed's GameMaster Application Empty
PostSubject: Paralyzed's GameMaster Application   Paralyzed's GameMaster Application EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:36 am

What is your name? Eric Towne

What is Your Timezone? (UTC-5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

IGN? FishBowl

Experience as a GM: I have been a GM on countless number of servers, a lot more than I can remember. (I never really kept tracked, I had some screenshots in the past but I've recently restored my computer so they are no longer with me.) I've owned two servers, and co-owned one. I have also been a HeadGM before, so I know how everything works, and how to assist the GMs if my help is needed. I believe with my experience, I know what it takes to become a GM, but not only that, I believe I know how to pick one as well. (For example, I could tell when a person is dedicated to their work, I can also tell by the way they've wrote their application. A dedicated user/member would take time on his application to ensure its in top shape, not spend about 5-10 minutes writing a quite application.) I am also familiar on how the GM Power scale works. (1 to 5) Though, I don't only know how to pick GMs, how to become one, the GM power scale, or how to maintain a server. But I know how to catch hackers as well, and I know how to deal with them. (I wouldn't just ban the hacker if a player messages but and tells me <so and so> is a hacker, I would follow them around for a while, just to ensure their hackers, get screenshots and show them to the higher authority.) And an addition to that, I know the commands, well, most of the commands. (I might have forgotten a few, but it wouldn't take long for me to catch back on.) I almost forgot about events too, I know a variety of events I could do, and I would know how to host events and give out prizes to the winners. And finally, one last thing, each server is different, every server has a different set of rules. Some rules may be similar, some may differ. Either way, I know how to follow those rules given, and the rules that I receive if I become a GM. (I would say, I have experience on following the rules, meaning, as a GM if I'm told not to spawn items unless it's for events, then I will listen, and do as I'm told.)

Why Do You Like BoredMS? I don't like BoredMS, I love it! No, on a more serious note, I like BoredMS because the community is far by great. On my first day, I was welcomed and the staff is very user-friendly. I asked all my questions, and got answers to all of them, no matter how stupid they were. Not to mention the server has some nice features, and it isn't too over powered, it's balanced. Which in a way makes BoredMS different from the others, not only in it's friendly staff, but the server itself. The community is also very nice. I also like BoredMS because its a new start, and I'd like to see BoredMS involve over the years, I've never actually experienced that, since most servers I worked on usually closes because the owner is lazy. Unlike here, the BoredMS Owner and Co-Owner seem pretty dedicated to what they do.

What would you do as a GM in BoredMS? First off, I want to make the community a fun and great place. Hosting daily events, talking to the players, get to know the community more. I would also want to help out players, and answer their questions. (I know it's very 'open' but basically do all the things a normal staff member SHOULD do.) I would also rid the server of hackers, with my amazing methods of capturing them. Not to mention also assist players on the forums or on the XAT. I want to show everyone whose playing on BoredMS that they didn't waste their time downloading and playing for however long they've been playing. (I want players to say, "Wow the staff here are extremely helpful, and the community is amazing! Everything about this server ROCKS!" or something along those lines.)

What sets you apart from everyone else ingame? Well, first off. . . my grammar, I'm pretty sure half of the people in-game don't talk the way I do, with grammar. Besides that I'm pretty sure everyone is like me. Talkative, Supportive, and Friendly. The only reason I can currently think of that sets me apart from MOST people not ALL is that I don't hack. And I code, I'm sure most people don't know how, or don't like to. Other than that, everyone is pretty much similar, we all follow the rules that are set for us, and we just have fun.

Why do you think we should choose you? I think you should choose me because first of all, I have quite a lot of experience as being a GM. I am mature, and I know how to handle things property, and I know what it means to be abusive. I am active, and even if I'm busy, I'll try to cram in time to play. (Usually on weekdays, I'm on for about five hours, and weekends can be around 10 hours or more.) Not to mention, I enjoy talking to players and helping out people. Plus I don't think I would leave the server accepted or not. Ever since I've joined, I've liked the server a lot. I also enjoy hosting events, and I love when players get competitive, it makes everything a lot more exciting. But as much as I love to talk to players, if I got a hacker to catch, talking comes later. For me, once I get a job, I become devoted to that job, and I'll do anything within my power, to show that I am devoted or dedicated. Plus, I'm very easy to get along with, I don't usually like to fight with others, so if I make it, I'm sure I can get along with everyone. I also know that being a GM hold great responsibility and I will be 101% sure I live up to those responsibilities. Lastly, I can also code. I do PHP,HTML,C++,C#,vB, and Java. (I could help out Justin with the server, though I rather not do anything dealing with coding unless its necessary, as I get really lazy at coding. (I usually never finish what I start, or I get off topic and don't finish whatever I'm suppose to finish until like 3 months later.)

Will you quit if we decline your application? Yes, I will. I will leave the server forever, I may also call the internet police. No, just kidding, lol. I wouldn't leave, that just means there was something you guys didn't like about my application, or myself personally. That means I can play for a while, change or fix whatever caused the problem and re-apply again, hopefully getting accepted and not declined.

Tell Us About yourself:

Well, I'm 14. I'm turning 15 very soon, and I'm a Freshman. I've been playing MMORPGs for a while, and I love to hang out with my friends. I also skate, and I bench and run as well. To sum it up, I'm an average teenager, nothing really special about me. Oh yeah! I also like playing FPS games, such as BF3, CoD, CSS, etc. . . I also mentioned that I can code, and I've been doing that for about four years, yeah, I started when I was ten, I started off with the basic vB, and it got bigger as I grew up. I currently have a girlfriend and if I'm not on the server, I'm probably out with friends or spending time with her. My schedule goes like this, on weekdays I am usually on for about 2 hours the least, the most would be for about 5 hours, and on weekends, I basically spend 8 hours or more. (Unless I have plans, then I wouldn't be on for so long.)

That's about it, thank you for reading my application and I'll hopefully see you guys around.

Sincerely,
Paralyzed (FishBowl)
Back to top Go down
GreenVitamin
Administrator
Administrator
GreenVitamin

PostSubject: Re: Paralyzed's GameMaster Application   Paralyzed's GameMaster Application EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Paralyzed wrote:
What is your name? Eric Towne

What is Your Timezone? (UTC-5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

IGN? FishBowl

Experience as a GM: I have been a GM on countless number of servers, a lot more than I can remember. (I never really kept tracked, I had some screenshots in the past but I've recently restored my computer so they are no longer with me.) I've owned two servers, and co-owned one. I have also been a HeadGM before, so I know how everything works, and how to assist the GMs if my help is needed. I believe with my experience, I know what it takes to become a GM, but not only that, I believe I know how to pick one as well. (For example, I could tell when a person is dedicated to their work, I can also tell by the way they've wrote their application. A dedicated user/member would take time on his application to ensure its in top shape, not spend about 5-10 minutes writing a quite application.) I am also familiar on how the GM Power scale works. (1 to 5) Though, I don't only know how to pick GMs, how to become one, the GM power scale, or how to maintain a server. But I know how to catch hackers as well, and I know how to deal with them. (I wouldn't just ban the hacker if a player messages but and tells me <so and so> is a hacker, I would follow them around for a while, just to ensure their hackers, get screenshots and show them to the higher authority.) And an addition to that, I know the commands, well, most of the commands. (I might have forgotten a few, but it wouldn't take long for me to catch back on.) I almost forgot about events too, I know a variety of events I could do, and I would know how to host events and give out prizes to the winners. And finally, one last thing, each server is different, every server has a different set of rules. Some rules may be similar, some may differ. Either way, I know how to follow those rules given, and the rules that I receive if I become a GM. (I would say, I have experience on following the rules, meaning, as a GM if I'm told not to spawn items unless it's for events, then I will listen, and do as I'm told.)

Why Do You Like BoredMS? I don't like BoredMS, I love it! No, on a more serious note, I like BoredMS because the community is far by great. On my first day, I was welcomed and the staff is very user-friendly. I asked all my questions, and got answers to all of them, no matter how stupid they were. Not to mention the server has some nice features, and it isn't too over powered, it's balanced. Which in a way makes BoredMS different from the others, not only in it's friendly staff, but the server itself. The community is also very nice. I also like BoredMS because its a new start, and I'd like to see BoredMS involve over the years, I've never actually experienced that, since most servers I worked on usually closes because the owner is lazy. Unlike here, the BoredMS Owner and Co-Owner seem pretty dedicated to what they do.

What would you do as a GM in BoredMS? First off, I want to make the community a fun and great place. Hosting daily events, talking to the players, get to know the community more. I would also want to help out players, and answer their questions. (I know it's very 'open' but basically do all the things a normal staff member SHOULD do.) I would also rid the server of hackers, with my amazing methods of capturing them. Not to mention also assist players on the forums or on the XAT. I want to show everyone whose playing on BoredMS that they didn't waste their time downloading and playing for however long they've been playing. (I want players to say, "Wow the staff here are extremely helpful, and the community is amazing! Everything about this server ROCKS!" or something along those lines.)

What sets you apart from everyone else ingame? Well, first off. . . my grammar, I'm pretty sure half of the people in-game don't talk the way I do, with grammar. Besides that I'm pretty sure everyone is like me. Talkative, Supportive, and Friendly. The only reason I can currently think of that sets me apart from MOST people not ALL is that I don't hack. And I code, I'm sure most people don't know how, or don't like to. Other than that, everyone is pretty much similar, we all follow the rules that are set for us, and we just have fun.

Why do you think we should choose you? I think you should choose me because first of all, I have quite a lot of experience as being a GM. I am mature, and I know how to handle things property, and I know what it means to be abusive. I am active, and even if I'm busy, I'll try to cram in time to play. (Usually on weekdays, I'm on for about five hours, and weekends can be around 10 hours or more.) Not to mention, I enjoy talking to players and helping out people. Plus I don't think I would leave the server accepted or not. Ever since I've joined, I've liked the server a lot. I also enjoy hosting events, and I love when players get competitive, it makes everything a lot more exciting. But as much as I love to talk to players, if I got a hacker to catch, talking comes later. For me, once I get a job, I become devoted to that job, and I'll do anything within my power, to show that I am devoted or dedicated. Plus, I'm very easy to get along with, I don't usually like to fight with others, so if I make it, I'm sure I can get along with everyone. I also know that being a GM hold great responsibility and I will be 101% sure I live up to those responsibilities. Lastly, I can also code. I do PHP,HTML,C++,C#,vB, and Java. (I could help out Justin with the server, though I rather not do anything dealing with coding unless its necessary, as I get really lazy at coding. (I usually never finish what I start, or I get off topic and don't finish whatever I'm suppose to finish until like 3 months later.)

Will you quit if we decline your application? Yes, I will. I will leave the server forever, I may also call the internet police. No, just kidding, lol. I wouldn't leave, that just means there was something you guys didn't like about my application, or myself personally. That means I can play for a while, change or fix whatever caused the problem and re-apply again, hopefully getting accepted and not declined.

Tell Us About yourself:

Well, I'm 14. I'm turning 15 very soon, and I'm a Freshman. I've been playing MMORPGs for a while, and I love to hang out with my friends. I also skate, and I bench and run as well. To sum it up, I'm an average teenager, nothing really special about me. Oh yeah! I also like playing FPS games, such as BF3, CoD, CSS, etc. . . I also mentioned that I can code, and I've been doing that for about four years, yeah, I started when I was ten, I started off with the basic vB, and it got bigger as I grew up. I currently have a girlfriend and if I'm not on the server, I'm probably out with friends or spending time with her. My schedule goes like this, on weekdays I am usually on for about 2 hours the least, the most would be for about 5 hours, and on weekends, I basically spend 8 hours or more. (Unless I have plans, then I wouldn't be on for so long.)

That's about it, thank you for reading my application and I'll hopefully see you guys around.

Sincerely,
Paralyzed (FishBowl)

Much Much better compared to your last one. But I still feel like your missing a few points. Like at the beggining Which servers were you in? At least you can tell us that much. Or what servers did you create...
Other than that i dont see anything too wrong with this application,
But It's what in game that really counts.
So good luck to you then Smile
I give this a 9/10.
Have Fun
Back to top Go down
https://boredms.niceboard.com
Paralyzed

PostSubject: Re: Paralyzed's GameMaster Application   Paralyzed's GameMaster Application EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:47 pm

See, I knew I was missing that. Its just I couldn't remember what servers I've been on, though I can give some more information on the server I ran.
Well, first off, I had one server for testing things, and what not. So let's just say I only owned one server. I ran it for about 3 months? It was called SnowyMS. The server ended up being closed because I didn't have time to maintain it, and I was lacking players. Other than that, that's all I can remember.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paralyzed's GameMaster Application   Paralyzed's GameMaster Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Paralyzed's GameMaster Application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoredMS v1.11 :: Staff Applications :: Denied-
Jump to: