BoredMS v1.11
The forum has migrated. Please do not use this forum anymore.
BoredMS v1.11
BoredMS v1.11
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum has migrated. Please do not use this forum anymore. The new forum can be found at http://boredms.site.nfoservers.com/forum/

I suppose... this'll be my application.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcus.
Marcus.

I suppose... this'll be my application.  Empty
PostSubject: I suppose... this'll be my application.    I suppose... this'll be my application.  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:17 am

What is your name?

I'm Marcus.

What is Your Timezone?

GMT+1 ( Sweden )

IGN?

Marcus.

Experience as a GM?

I had a WoW server a couple years back. All though, it only had about 10 players online at a time but I hit a wall and had to close the server.

How long have you played BoredMS?

A week or so.

Why Do You Like BoredMS?

Well, at first, I was truly amazed by the the server features, Hayato(samurai) Angelic Burster, Kaiser, Luminous ( Credits to the coder Justin! )But then I met the community, and the staff members, who was very friendly and welcoming, I also made friends with Dice rather quickly ( He introduced me to the server ) so credits to him. This is the first good server I've played on since I was hacked on EMS, and I tend to stay for a while as well Smile

What would you do as a GM in BoredMS?

I'm guessing I would mainly be in-game, helping out fellow maplers and creating a good atmosphere along with events.
I will probably stalk Dice for a while too. ( Having him as a role-model would probably improve my ways of working as a GM )

What sets you apart from everyone else ingame?

I'm unique.

Why do you think we should choose you?(What sticks out about you)

Well, I think I would be a good addition to the team, and fit in rather good, however I don't know if I'm needed, because the server already got great, GMs.
Aside from that, I'm patient, friendly and I tend to keep matters and issues to a mature level as I tend to act professional.

Why become a GM?

Well, to me, grinding gets quite repeatedly... so I'd rather be a friendly face for the server, I tend to chat much though, with players as well as staff members.
And well... selfish me wants Wizet hat.

How would you deal with potential fights between 2 players and/or staff members? (ONLY talk about 1 SCENARIO)

I would probably investigate the matter further by questioning the 2 players, and then letting justice decide on who's right.

Will you quit if we decline your application?

I certainly wont. I really enjoy the events, staff members, community and features this server has to offer. All though, as said before, I think grinding gets repeatedly after a while.

Tell Us About yourself

Well, I'm Marcus, and I'm 16. I am also taking economic classes right now and tend to continue on college after these 3 years on high school.
I like to workout a few times a week, while listening to some nice music. Um, what else... I like this game, f3...

I've tried to keep this application short and simple, I probably wrote the same as many others have, but well, we all try to look good in our applications, I'm flawless tho! >)

Even though I focus on my studies a lot, I dedicate any spare time I have to BoredMS. If you need more information, just ask. I will take critic and will do the best to improve.

PS. English is not my native language, (my native language is Swedish ) so here might be a few typos. Oh, and sorry for the 1 post count. But as I said before, I just tend to be in-game. But I'll swing by the forums every now and then.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Marcus. on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GreenVitamin
Administrator
Administrator
GreenVitamin

PostSubject: Re: I suppose... this'll be my application.    I suppose... this'll be my application.  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:33 am

Marcus. wrote:
What is your name?

I'm Marcus.

What is Your Timezone?

GMT+1 ( Sweden )

IGN?

Marcus.

Experience as a GM?

I had a WoW server a couple years back. All though, it only had about 10 players online at a time but I hit a wall and had to close the server.

How long have you played BoredMS?

A week or so.

Why Do You Like BoredMS?

Well, at first, I was truly amazed by the the servers features, Hayato(samurai) Angelic Burster, Kaiser, Luminous ( Credits to the coder Justin! )But then I met the community, and the staff members, who was very friendly and welcoming, I also made friends with Dice rather quickly ( He introduced me to the server ) so credits to him. This is the first good server I've played on since I was hacked on EMS, and I tend to stay for a while as well Smile

What would you do as a GM in BoredMS?

I'm guessing I would mainly be in-game, helping out fellow maplers and creating a good atmosphere along with events.
I will probably stalk Dice for a while too. ( Having him as a role-model would probably improve my ways of working as a GM )

What sets you apart from everyone else ingame?

I'm unique.

Why do you think we should choose you?(What sticks out about you)

Well, I think I would be a good addition to the team, and fit in rather good, however I don't know if I'm needed, because the server already got great, GMs.
Aside from that, I'm patient, friendly and I tend to keep matters and issues to a mature level as I tend to act professional.

Why become a GM?

Well, to me, grinding gets quite repeatedly... so I'd rather be a friendly face for the server, I tend to chat much though, with players as well as staff members.
And well... selfish me wants Wizet hat.

How would you deal with potential fights between 2 players and/or staff members? (ONLY talk about 1 SCENARIO)

I would probably investigate the matter further by questioning the 2 players, and then letting justice decide on who's right.

Will you quit if we decline your application?

I certainly wont. I really enjoy the events, staff members, community and features this server has to offer. All though, as said before, I think grinding gets repeatedly after a while.

Tell Us About yourself

Well, I'm Marcus, and I'm 16. I am also taking economic classes right now and tend to continue on college after these 3 years on high school.
I like to workout a few times a week, while listening to some nice music. Um, what else... I like this game, f3...

I've tried to keep this application short and simple, I probably wrote the same as many others have, but well, we all try to look good in out applications, I'm flawless tho! >)

Even though I focus on studies a lot, I dedicate any spare time I have to BoredMS. If you need more information, just ask. I will take critic and will do the best to improve.

PS. English is not my native language, so here might be a few typos. Oh, and sorry for the 1 post count. But as I said before, I just tend to be in-game. But I'll swing by the forums everyone now and then.

Thanks for reading!

Hmm I like your sense of humor in your app it's kinda cute actually :3 (no homo)
This is one of the few apps I've seen that you can actually feel that work was put into this app and that's a good thing.
You got some very good English writing skills for someone who's 1st language is English.
What is your first Language?
I also like the whole Dice can be your role model and you guys can potentially be GM buddies and all.
However all the fun stuff stops there.

Like I said in another post, due to this being your first post and you being relatively new (1 week isn't that great :3)
It might really hinder your chances but I think you could be fine.
I also find your typos and grammar mistakes a bit annoying but I can pass on that because once again English isn't your native language :3
I also like it when someone has more than one language at their disposal, just Incase we have another person who doesn't speak English in our server.
Overall I find this app to be pretty good. Can be improved.
You need to elaborate on your points.
But overall you kept it fun, enjoyable to read.
And this definitely was a breath of fresh air.
Good Luck :3

My Rating 7/10
(Can change after the edits)

EDIT: Well I told you everything on Xat and now i'm going around re-rating these apps.
Format is too much colour. It's too blinding and honestly is kinda more interesting than your app.
You need to be interesting. You're too bland. Put your personality in your writing.
It's like you are a wall of boringness Razz
Fix your grammar. Not gonna spoon feed anyone anymore so Good LUck. I'll re-rate maybe if I feeel like it whenever.
Good Luck :3

Last edited by GreenVitamin on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://boredms.niceboard.com
Steak
Addict
Addict
Steak

PostSubject: Re: I suppose... this'll be my application.    I suppose... this'll be my application.  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:06 pm

What does WoW experience have to do with Maple GMing EXP?

"What sets you apart from everyone else ingame?

I'm unique."

What makes you unique, Marcus?
Back to top Go down
Marcus.
Marcus.

PostSubject: Re: I suppose... this'll be my application.    I suppose... this'll be my application.  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Steak wrote:

I'm unique."

I really thought you could see the similarity between being a support in WoW and being a support in Maple. It's being a support for the players.
As goes for the unique part, we're all unique in our own way.
Back to top Go down
Logic
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Logic

PostSubject: Re: I suppose... this'll be my application.    I suppose... this'll be my application.  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Marcus. wrote:
Steak wrote:

I'm unique."

I really thought you could see the similarity between being a support in WoW and being a support in Maple. It's being a support for the players.

No offense, but that is the best bs I have heard all day. We know you are unique. How are you unique? What makes you so special? Just saying you are unique is a bad answer.
Back to top Go down
Marcus.
Marcus.

PostSubject: Re: I suppose... this'll be my application.    I suppose... this'll be my application.  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Logic wrote:
Marcus. wrote:
Steak wrote:

I'm unique."

No offense, but that is the best bs I have heard all day. We know you are unique. How are you unique? What makes you so special? Just saying you are unique is a bad answer.

I don't see it as a bad answer. I think I will stick with it. Thanks for you criticism though.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Addict
Addict
Steak

PostSubject: Re: I suppose... this'll be my application.    I suppose... this'll be my application.  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:14 am

How active are you really? I don't see you online much, and inactivity isn't cool.
Back to top Go down
Marcus.
Marcus.

PostSubject: Re: I suppose... this'll be my application.    I suppose... this'll be my application.  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 am

Steak wrote:
How active are you really? I don't see you online much, and inactivity isn't cool.

I'm from Sweden. ( GMT+1 ), when you're online, I'm probably sleeping or in school, right now, writing to you on my laptop from school. For your information I'm dedicating every free moment I got to this server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I suppose... this'll be my application.    I suppose... this'll be my application.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I suppose... this'll be my application.
Page 1 of 1