BoredMS v1.11
The forum has migrated. Please do not use this forum anymore.
BoredMS v1.11
BoredMS v1.11
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum has migrated. Please do not use this forum anymore. The new forum can be found at http://boredms.site.nfoservers.com/forum/

Serena's Gm application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seren
Seren

Serena's Gm application Empty
PostSubject: Serena's Gm application   Serena's Gm application EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:12 pm

*Note; The forum account I'm posting this on is *new* as my original forum account isn't working. I was also unable to recover it for some reason. Anyhow; I have been here more than 2 weeks.
I digress; new forum account.

[x] Your account must be at least 2 weeks old.
[x] You must be over age 14. No exceptions. Preferably, you'll be 17+.
[x] You must follow the application format. Deviations will be allowed as long as you still supply the required information.
[x] You must be well-known in the game. By well-known, I mean that the GM's have to actually know who you are, and that you're not just some random newbie nobody's seen before.
[x] You must have a clean record (never banned, warned, etc)
[x] You must follow the application format.

-What is your name?-
I'm Serena. However; I prefer Ser.

-What is Your Timezone?-
Central!

-IGN?-
I use Serenas as a main account. And Serena or Siren off-hand. Mostly as mules.

-Experience as a GM?-
I actually haven't any Maplestory GM experience. While I have several instances of experience as an Admin\technical staff on various Runescape servers, Maplestory falls a bit flat for me there.

-How long have you played BoredMS? (If you do not meet the 2 week requirement I will give a rating of 0 and you will automatically get DENIED.)-
A few weeks now. I'm relatively certain it's 3, 4, or so.

-Why Do You Like BoredMS?-
Personally, I enjoy BoredMS due to it's availability of KMS classes, friendly GM's, and the community. I enjoy how nice and helpful some of the players can be. I also really like the smooth coding. It's really well put together, making it a lot of fun to play!

-What would you do as a GM in BoredMS?-
I would be very active in helping players resolve issues. That's probably the main one. I'm a very 'help anyone in need' minded person. So I'm sure my status as a Gm would sufficiently reflect that.

-Why do you think we should choose you?(What sticks out about you)-
I'd like to think I'm very easy to get along with, which minimizes conflict. I also see myself as very helpful and dedicated to doing what is right. In this case; the functionality of the server. I would be infinitely valuable to the team based on my aspirations to help other players as well provide what I can offer to the server to bring it along!

*EDIT*

Well. I decided I'd add a few things to this. It was pretty meager.
One of the things I personally would work on with this server is the website. It's a bit slow, some of the graphics are out of date, some other minor things, etc. I'm a very detailed and organizationally based person. One thing I'd like to do is help round out the advertising for this server. Solicit it to a few sites, make some cool banners, etc. (I worked as a Graphic design artist in high-school for a local paper.)

Another reason why I feel I would be a good addition to the team is that I feel like I can bring an intelligent, organized, and dedicated perspective to the table. Like I mention in the next paragraph, I work from home. Therefore; My availability is almost constant. I constantly seek things to throw my interest into.
I just got out of a project I worked on for 2-years. It's an RSPS (Runescape private server) called Fallen-Empire. See; I didn't have much to do. So I invested my all into that site. Making graphics, banners, and doing advertisements on various sites. I brought a LOT to that server. and would love to do so with this one! Mind you, I will do so regardless of my status as a player.

Lastly I'd like to say this. I am studying multi-lingual interpreting. While I'm on the basic end of that stick, I see myself being very valuable with advertising in other countries, or dealing with players of a different lingual background. My patience for those who don't understand English is infinite. So I feel like that's a really big piece of value that I can bring in, that some others might not be able to.

*/EDIT*

-How would you deal with potential fights between 2 players and/or staff members? (ONLY talk about 1 SCENARIO)-
In general; There's two sides to every story. Both of which merit listening. Regardless of the other's status. (Meaning: If a staff member and a player were having a disagreement, BOTH the staff member AND the regular player have a fair say, free of judgement, in said conflict.)
In a nutshell. I would listen to both sides and then come to an informed decision based on the information I received. If I were to be un-sure how to proceed, I would seek advice from another GM. No rash or impromptu decisions would be made.

-Will you quit if we decline your application?-
Of course not. I enjoy playing this server as is. Whether I am accepted or not will not change my desire to help this server, and move it along. This can be done just as easily as a regular player.

-Tell Us About yourself-
well. I suppose I should mention my age; So as to avoid having that asked. I'm currently 20. I turn 21 in December. I'm currently going to college for multi-lingual interpreting as well as political science. I aspire to become a lawyer!
I work from home, so that is where my online game interest tends to stem. I'm a really helpful person who would give the shirt off my back to anyone, so long as I wouldn't get a ticket for indecent exposure.
I have an odd sense of humor that a lot of people find entertaining. But quite frankly- I see it as a bit dirty.
I'm Irish. Accent and all. OH! And I love love love Anime. because.. yeah.

So anyways. There's my application. Can't wait to hear back from ya.

Last edited by Seren on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Logic
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Logic

PostSubject: Re: Serena's Gm application   Serena's Gm application EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Me likely the big words there. Wink Overall I think this is a good app. I can tell by your use of words that you seem like a very mature person. It is always good have to experience handling people. I personally know how people in the server may sometimes act. The section of "Why do you think we should choose you: bugs me for some reason. I really don't like short answers on apps, but it is sweet and to the point. I'd rather see that then to see a filler.

I'm really hard on that question because I like to see individuality >.<'
Back to top Go down
Seren
Seren

PostSubject: Re: Serena's Gm application   Serena's Gm application EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:29 pm

I'll tell you what. I'll go play around with it a bit and add a few things. I started to edit it last night but decided against it. I mean, who can blame me? It was 3AM.

Anyhow. I appreciate your criticism and I'll work on that section a bit. =)

Scratch that; I edited it, as well as quoted myself below.

Quote :

*EDIT*

Well. I decided I'd add a few things to this. It was pretty meager.
One of the things I personally would work on with this server is the website. It's a bit slow, some of the graphics are out of date, some other minor things, etc. I'm a very detailed and organizationally based person. One thing I'd like to do is help round out the advertising for this server. Solicit it to a few sites, make some cool banners, etc. (I worked as a Graphic design artist in high-school for a local paper.)

Another reason why I feel I would be a good addition to the team is that I feel like I can bring an intelligent, organized, and dedicated perspective to the table. Like I mention in the next paragraph, I work from home. Therefore; My availability is almost constant. I constantly seek things to throw my interest into.
I just got out of a project I worked on for 2-years. It's an RSPS (Runescape private server) called Fallen-Empire. See; I didn't have much to do. So I invested my all into that site. Making graphics, banners, and doing advertisements on various sites. I brought a LOT to that server. and would love to do so with this one! Mind you, I will do so regardless of my status as a player.

Lastly I'd like to say this. I am studying multi-lingual interpreting. While I'm on the basic end of that stick, I see myself being very valuable with advertising in other countries, or dealing with players of a different lingual background. My patience for those who don't understand English is infinite. So I feel like that's a really big piece of value that I can bring in, that some others might not be able to.

*/EDIT*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serena's Gm application   Serena's Gm application Empty

Back to top Go down

Serena's Gm application
Page 1 of 1